Things to know about the Paris Of Plaster
Paris Of Plaster is a type of plaster that is commonly known as (POP). Paris Of Plaster a type of plaster which is commonly used to build construction for decorating coating the walls and ceiling.it is awhite powder slightly hydrate calcium sulfateCaSO4·¹/₂H2O or 2CaSO4·H2O made by calcium gypsum and used chiefly for cast and molds in the form of a quick-setting paste with water. Paris Of Plaster Powder is manufactured as a dry powder and mixed with water to form a paste when used.
History of Paris Of Plaster
The Paris Of Plaster (POP) get their name from Montmartre in Paris district. but it is used to predated the industrial revolution. The idea of using the POP for settling fractures was hit upon by two surgeons, Antonius Mathijsen and Nikolai IvanovichPirogov in the 1850s. The results are for us to see. It was a time when POP beggingly used for constructions.
Types of Paris Of Plaster
There are several types of Paris Of Plaster. There are as follows;
- Clay Plaster– it is a mixture of clay, sand, and water with the addition of plant fibers with strength with wood lath.
- Gypsum Plaster– gypsum plaster is a type of plaster that is produced by heating gypsum. To about 150 degrees Celsius.CaSO42H2O + heat→ CaSO4·0.5H2O + 1.5H2O (released as steam).
- Lime Plaster– lime Plaster is a mixture of calcium hydroxide and sand. Lime plaster is a common plaster which is usually known as lath and plaster.
- Cement plaster– cement plaster is a mixture of suitable plaster, sand, Portland cement and water which is normally applied to masonry interiors and exteriors to get a smooth surface.
Uses of Paris Of Plaster Powder
There are lots of uses of POP. Few of them are as follows;
- It is used to get a finished look of materials.
- It is used for wall putty on walls.
- It is used in medicine for fixing fractures.
- It is used in the cinema industry.
- It is used for designing on ceilings.
- It is a surgical instrument used in dentistry.
The medical definition of Paris Of Plaster
According to medical science, it is adhesive substance spread on a fabric or other suitable backing material, for application to the skin often contain some medication such as an analgesic or local vasodilator.
Advantages of Paris Of Plaster
There are lots of good uses of Paris Of Plaster Powder. We can use this in many ways. There are some ways are as follows;
- It is lightweight and more durable.
- It does not shrink while settling.
- It forms a thick surface to resist normal knocks after drying.
- It can easily be molded in any shape.
- The Paris Of Plaster gives a decorative interior finish on walls.
- It gives a firm surface in which color can settle.
- It is used in a medical way when the bone of the human body fractured then POP is used to joint the bone.
Disadvantages of Paris Of Plaster
Everything has two faces, The Paris Of Plaster has lots of advantages but on the other hand, it also has many disadvantages. Some of the disadvantages are as follows-
- Gypsum plaster is not suitable for the exterior finish as it is slightly soluble water.
- It is more expensive than cement and cement-lime plaster.
- It can not be used in a moist situation.
- For using Paris Of Plaster highly skilled labor is needed, which is very costly
Hence, it can be concluded that the Paris Of Plaster has lots of uses, benefits, disadvantages and specially used in construction.